Tuesday 30 October 2012

Music and ME by Diana Rose Gacila

@ Light TV's Solemn Session
Diana Rose Gacila 

It was my parents who discovered that I can sing. My mom have shared me my cute story when i was 3 months old and my pop was singing me to sleep. While he is singing me a lullaby they were surprised when I began to sing long "ooohh!!!" with just one note.lol That was me! Then my pop stopped singing and they just listened to me instead (Oh mom and pop! It's just one note! Are you sure you did listen?). Regretful about my parents not having a video camera that time.haha! But it's fine! So there, when I reached my 3rd year, my parents decided to buy a little cassette and a microphone since my brother, sister and myself is in love with music. My voice coach who happened to be my Mom (wow! as if my mom is a professional singer!lol) recorded my voice while singing my favorite kid's songs and other Christian song. Remembering it makes me laugh, really. (I got a copy with me! I'm sure you'll laugh once you hear it coz my closest friends laughed as if there's no tomorrow when they've heard of it!) A three (3) year old kid sings as if she understands the lyrics of the song!hah! <3

The first time I ever did a song number was when I was 5 years old, that was in our church in Jesus Is Lord Church, Baliwag Chapter. And the song goes like this: “Love na love ako ni Jesus; Mahal niya akong tunay; Lagi niya ‘kong iniingatan, sa pagtulog ko Siya’y kasama; nagbabantay ‘twina sa aking buhay.” I wont forget this song because it’s my first love song offered to the Lord. From then on, I am often being assigned to do a solo number in the church. I used to sing songs from the album of Musikatha and Papuri. I also have the album of Joy Fabillar, Sharon (not Megastar), and Joni Villanueva. Both in church and in school I was being tapped to do a special number or join singing contests. I believe that joining contests can help an aspiring singer like me not just in enhancing skill but even in developing character. I am thankful for the experience of winning and losing contests for it helped me have the right attitude and response toward victory or defeat. 

Here are some of the singing contest I've joined back when I was still a student. I can still remember the others but these four are the unforgettable ones:

Elementary, Grade 6
From 20+ elementary students representing their school, I won the 3rd Place! :)
Piece: Ikaw by Sharon Cuneta
Award/Prize: P300 (haha! I can still remember I grabbed my sister and brother right after the contest in Mc Donalds--my treat!lol)

1st Year High School
Linggo ng Wika, Grand Champ
Piece: Ulan by Regine Velasquez
Award: Medal

1st Year High School (Bulacan Private School Association)
20+ Private School Representatives: Fail to win :'(
Piece: Ngayon by (Ooh!I forgot)

2nd Year High School (Bulacan Privare School Association)-- Sabak Ulit
20+ Private School Representatives: 5th Place (yey!)
Piece: Ikaw by Sharon
Award: Medal

UE Pop Idol
1st Year College
Among 100+ college musikeros : I made it to Top 10 and be one of the Grandfinalists
Piece: It's all coming back by Celine Dion
Award: Gift pack from Studio 23 and other stuff

Try watching this: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoAlB2nCwoc
(Sorry hindi masyado maganda ang resolution.ehehe! :) )

My passion for music helped me gain confidence. I can say that music became the avenue for me to show who I really am. It also became an instrument for me to express my love for God, on and offstage. Most importantly, music has revealed God’s calling in my life. That's why having realized that I was blessed of a beautiful gift (well, everyone has their own God-given gifts), I should be a good steward of it. I' promise to take good care of it and develop it more by the help of God. Above all, to use it and everything that I have for the glory of God alone! :)

Colossians 1:16 

For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

Acts 17:28

'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

Romans 11:36  

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.


Praise the Lord! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment